Re: [MiNT] Comunity? Who left?

Henk Robbers wrote:

> Standa Opichal wrote:
> >
> > Is there anyone left who'd like to use FreeMiNT for real in the future?
> > I'm slowly getting an impression that the comunity goes away what I would
> > be very sad about. So, anyone, say a word....

I am running probably the smallest machine.  It is a mega4 with tos 1.4 and  4 megs
and
three harddrives.  The only problem seems to be the ICD controller.  XHDI just cant
see all my disks.  I dont know what the problem really is, but Until I can change
hardware
ICD utilities all seem to work as advertized and I dont have any problems with it.
Mint
on the otherhand wants XHDI.  (PS. I have another MEGA4 with 2.06 roms, It only
boots
once then dies)

The largest problem I have is that I have not been able to use my Linux system as a
server.
I could then funnel large scale programs like GCC into my ST4.   In the meantime, I
only
have 2 720K floppies.  If I can't squeeze it onto a floppy,  I just cant import it.

I have some tar.gz files that I need to unravel and repackage.  (I have DTAR but
none
of  (tar,gzip, e2fsck, minit, or any other utility) work

Currently, I am trying to recreate the 2.7.2.3 GCC compiler,   Using franks XCROSS
compiler
The main reason is the size of the executable.  I can get its pieces  into my st
through the
floppies.

The current tarfile for GCC2.9.6 is 4megabyes.   That is bigger than my whole disk
system.
If I can configure it to run under MSH. I can replace the compiler I have there.
With msh.
I can make KSH, BASH, even ZSH work.  They core if I run them with out the shell.

Currently I have some kind of interference.  I am near the television for one.  It
may be
something to do with magnetic fields.   MSH for MWC_309 refuses error returns and
the
machine hangs.   I have MWC_271 installed on the megafile 60 and it works just fine.

Last night Make says "Make 8: No macro on line", so I swapped the two disks. and
moved from K to D.  I dont know what that error really means.

Mint is currently broken on my F:\.
something garbled the text of the files. I must completely reinstall KMGD. I still
have the
original disks.  I really want to get to MINT NET and connect to the internet. Sigh,

two steps forward and 4 steps back.

 josephus