Re: [MiNT] CAB OVL (?)

On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 01:44:47PM +0100, Konrad M. Kokoszkiewicz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've noticed something strange in CAB. Namely, when I open a web page,
> then follow a link on it, I often cannot return to the originally
> choosen URL. Clicking the "Back" button gives strange results: the most
> often is just "Error 404", but I've also seen a message like "302 -
> FOUND" (and nothing happens after that).
>
> A today's example is:
>
> http://www.snopes2.com/inboxer/children/arling.htm
>
> I've typed this URL into the "Open URL" dialog window. CAB has
> correctly found, formatted and displayed the page. Then I choosen a
> link within the page, and, as usual, couldn't get back (Error 404). So
> I've re-opened the "Open URL" dialog window and selected the original
> URL this way. This time I got an error page from www.snopes.com, which
> said the page didn't exist (while I loaded it just a while ago).
>
> Things got back to normal when I quit CAB and re-loaded it.
>
> Is this a fault of CAB itself, or the cab.ovl (version 1.8602, the one
> which was lately announced by Howard)?

I have seen problems like you describe on my system too. I think it's a
cab.ovl error. Sometimes it helps to click on "next" instead of "back",
when you have had an error after clicking on "back". "next" will bring you
back to the page where "back" was failing ...:-/ !
Have you asked Howard ? His address is hyc@highlandsun.com

Martin Tarenskeen.