[MiNT] VM

>From discussion about Virtual Memory in MiNT (with Draco) I
understand that if it is meant to happen, it has to be written from
scrath.

Unfortunetly I'm not yet 680x0 guru to write it on my own but I was
thinking about ideas that may become a start at least a discussion,
how the VM should work and behave.

I'm splitting it into two cases:

1. Slow CPUs (030)

 - First 4MB of memory should be considered ST-RAM (is it always
ST-RAM?) and should be SHARED by all processes. This gives us
advantge of easy AES/VDI adaptation into VM, just all calls and
memory structures should be placed there (and all protocols like
AV/FONT/COLOR etc.).
Also all XHDI calls should follow that rule.

The disadvantage of this is that on faster CPUs ST-RAM ussage will
slowdown the system.

2. Fast CPUs (040+)

 - all memory is treated as TT-RAM and is strictly private for all
processes (that means full Virtual Machines)

This case is much complicated but (IMHO) possible.

The VM of first kind should be not very complicated to create, and it
could be staerting point for VM os the second kind

Reqest Further Comments

--
Adam Klobukowski
atari@gabo.pl