Re: [MiNT] EasyMint

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Edward S. Baiz Jr wrote:

> those big files. Once I get all the packages and install them, what happens when any of the
> packages are upgraded? How do I install that upgrade? Do I have to do the whole installation again
> or do I just extract all the files and install them manually?

No, EasyMiNT leaves you with the RPM package system. So you only need it
to get started, after that you just download new RPMs from
sparemint.atari.org and install them. :)

> What has everyone else been doing?

Not many people have done upgrades on EasyMint because it's brand spanking
new. :) What some others have been doing is install an old beast like
KGMD, TAF or that nameless distribution KGMD is actually based on (Knarf
gets far too much credit for just translating some files to German IMHO),
manually upgrade and configure the installation to become RPM-capable, and
then download the new RPMs. :)

Maurits.

--
 |                 BassMent Productions - Freedom of creativity!|
 | Music productions - Projects - Internet presence - Webdesign |___
 |                     http://www.bassment.nu/                  |  |
                             |      http://www.muzikanten.nu/      |
                             | Het muzikantennetwerk van Nederland |