[MiNT] SPIN + XCONOUT2 and/or VMOOSE

On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 11:36:20PM +0100, Maurits van de Kamp wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> > With CT2b turbomode switched on: I notice in my TosWin2 menu that the
> > items "Open Console" and "Config console ..." are suddenly disabled. ???
>
> The only reason I can think of for the console window being disabled, is
> that xconout2.xdd is not installed. Could this have anything to do with
> it?

I found my problem has to do with spin.xfs + xconout2.xdd

In combination with SPiN xconout2.xdd creates a nameless device in /dev
instead of /dev/gemcon

A similar problem I found when combining spin.xfs with vmoose.xdd (needed
for XaAES). If spin.xfs is executed BEFORE vmoose.xdd, a nameless device
is created in /dev instead of /dev/moose. I discovered this when looking
into U:\dev\ on the desktop, and noticing a device icon (I use THiNG)
without a name. This problem was solved after that I changed the order of
those two files in my mintfolder. For SPIN + XCONOUT2 I have not yet found
a working solution.

Martin Tarenskeen