Re: [MiNT] XaAES & centscreen

On Fri, 1 Mar 2002 m.tarenskeen@zonnet.nl wrote:

> Going back to the login after shutting down XaAES left me with an
> unreadable login screen. I had to type "shutdown" at good luck, seeing all
> kind of colours but no characters on the screen.

I've seen the same in n.aes. As far as I can see, the problem is that the
resolution is changed when the aes starts, and it's not changed back to
what it was when the login tty started. So the login screen is left at
another resolution than it's aware of.

So I think you can prevent this by letting the whole system boot in
640x400xTC. You can do this by configuring the resolution in plain tos
(running the gem desktop), and saving newdesk.inf. Because beleve it or
not, newdesk.inf is still read even though you use an alternative aes and
desktop, although I'm not exactly sure when. But it does seem to influence
the console resolution.

Maurits.

--
 |                 BassMent Productions - Freedom of creativity!|
 | Music productions - Projects - Internet presence - Webdesign |___
 |                     http://www.bassment.nu/                  |  |
                             |      http://www.muzikanten.nu/      |
                             | Het muzikantennetwerk van Nederland |