Re: [MiNT] Shared text (was: Re: 2 Problems/bugs in Toswin 2.7)

Hello!

> > The shared text feature was removed from the kernel, there is no such
>
> What was the problem?

The shared code option for the gcc was a plain hack (current gcc don't
support it anymore; so you can't create shared text programs). Also the
kernel implementation was hackish and not really bug free.

> > benefit any more. I think it's a shame, but don't have the energy to
> > put it back in again...
>
> Do you have some URL to see what it all was like? Can you give me the CVS
> version number and filenames to let me see the sources?

I think it was removed before I invented cvs.

Tschuess
   ...Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 040 // MILAN 060