Re: [MiNT] Mint/Mintnet

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 05:54:13AM +0200, Edward S. Baiz Jr wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I loaded the upgraded to openssh. Thanks for the all the help. I am
>still
> having problems with the shutoff command. I will have to solve
>tha myself.

I think the shutdown.app that comes with easymint is not the newest
version of the program, the one that can be found on Draco's website ?
Correct me if I'm wrong.

> I am was wondering two things now. How is everyone backing up their
> MintNet systems and how can I load in a color pallette upon bootup under
> N_AES 1.2?

About backing up: I used tar to make separate archives of each directory
(etc.tar bin.tar root.tar ...). Then I burned a cd with these files.
Unfortunately my burning software (Soundpool CD-Recorder) doesn't support
long filenames, but tar is good solution for the time being.  I understand
Extendos' writer software supports long filenames?

Martin Tarenskeen