Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT history...

On Sun, 5 May 2002, George Crissman wrote:

> Atari apparently got ahold of it ... changed the name
> of the acronym ("Mint is Now TOS") and adopted it.
> I do not know if it's the same as MultiTOS or not.

Multitos is a MiNT "distribution" consisting of the MiNT kernel and Atari
AES 4.1.

When Atari deserted MultiTOS, they released MiNT into the open, provided
it would be named FreeMiNT. IIRC, the last Atari MiNT version was 1.12.4,
after that all developments were on FreeMiNT.

Maurits.

--
 |                 BassMent Productions - Freedom of creativity!|
 | Music productions - Projects - Internet presence - Webdesign |___
 |                     http://www.bassment.nu/                  |  |
                             |      http://www.muzikanten.nu/      |
                             | Het muzikantennetwerk van Nederland |