Re: [MiNT] problem with less

> Hi,
>
> I have problems using the "less"-command after the
> easymint-installation.
>
> When I try to read a file with "less" I only got the message:
> "end of file".
>
> What can I do??
>
> Thanx, Jens

I know this problem. It has something to do with the script
/usr/bin/lesspipe.sh and the latest sparemint versions of bash.

Maybe you have set the environment variable SHELL=/bin/bash somewhere.
Change this to /bin/sh. I think you should put

     export SHELL=/bin/sh

somewhere in your /etc/rc.local file or in mint.cnf. I don't
remember exactly where I fixed this and I can't check it right now:
Last week my Falcon030/CT2b got overheated and the powersupply died :-(

But it should do the trick. To just try it first simply type that
"export" thing on your commandline, and test if less works properly
after it.

--

M. Tarenskeen
Atari Falcon 030/CT2b

But this message was done on my humble floppy based 1040 ST !