Re: [MiNT] XaAES

Hi!

BTW: Moving this discussion into MiNT list to let other see our problems
and giving them a chance to react...

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Frank Naumann wrote:

> > >I think the CVS version also have lot of advantages for you:
> > >
> > >- uses the uptodate gemlib for VDI bindings
> >
> > For VDI part I have not notice any diffrence beetween PureC VDI lib and
> > Gemlib or Mgemlib
>
> Oh, there is a big difference. gemlib is a free open source project,
> it's available for PureC and gcc (I don't think this is true for the PureC
> lib). And due to this if there is somewhere a bug in the lib we can easily
> fix the gemlib instead adding ugly workarounds to the XaAES source.

And, finaly Arnaud BERCEGEAY did this mgemlib -> gemlib merge to give
people the opportunity to use the gemlib only which is intended to be the
one with most up to date patches (as it uses CVS).

> > >- easily crosscompilable
> > Did it continue to be compilable for PureC?
>
> This is for sure the next step (Standa already work on it). It's not a big
> problem I'm sure because the source is much cleaner now.

Right.

> > >The only thing todo that is in the latest XaAES version from Henk but not
> > >in the new release: Add vex_whlv binding to gemlib (I still don't have any
> >
> > If I remember there is in source binding for PureC for vex_whlv() so it
> > should be very easy to add in gemlib.
>
> And there is no description at all at some place? Only this binding as
> reference?

Michael Schwingen should know more IIRC it comes from Milan solution. But
there were some objections already regarding backward compatibility. :(
Either in ARAnyM or EmuTOS's mailing list...

> > >description about that) and reactivate the wheel initialization in XaAES.
> >
> > We have fix editable field and userdef problem in menu.

Great!

Could you imagine the excitement when you upload the patch into the CVS
and me beeing able to verify this for you in about 2 minutes? Just like we
are doing here with Frank (in Germany) and me (in Czech Republic)....

> > Other problems are not solve and new dev doesn't work at all, there will
> > have big rewrite in mouse use and it's a little bit hard
> > so correction can be disperse in a lot of files, using cvs is difficult for
> > this point and when it work, a lot of time probably
> > before a good valid patch.

Than you can create the CVS branch for this. As Frank suggested.

best regards

STan