[MiNT] XaAES bugs ?

Hi,

I just tested XaAES 963 on my Hades 060 with MiNT 1.15.12.
It works globally pretty nice. I mainly tested it with my
proper program called Eureka. I had to make some adjustments
to make it work, but in fact not so much. That's why I think
that XaAES is promising.

I noticed two problems.

The drawing and erasing of the mouse pointer is bad. As I
understand it, it makes usage of a stack that is countered
up or down. When the count is down to 0, the mouse is
drawn or erased. But there's something wrong with this
under XaAES. The mouse is not erased when it should. I
have this problem that I can't solve with Eureka.
There's also the same problem with PURE C programming
environment.

The second problem is with the AES call objc_edit(), with
the parameter ED_END. This call, with this parameter is
badly implemented. It should erase the editable field
pointer, but it doesn't. This problem occurs when you
don't use form_do() to handle boxes, but when you handle
it yourself. The objc_edit(...,ED_END) is called when you
press the up or down arrow on the keyboard. It should go
on the next (or previous) editable field, draw the pointer
on the next (or previous) field, and erase the pointer
on the previous (or next) field. In facts, the pointer is
never erased, and remains inactive on the previous field.
objc_edit(...,ED_END) should erase the pointer, but is
doesn't. That is bad ...

Do you have experienced these problems.
It must be fixed. I modified my program to make it work
under XaAES, but I can't go further, as long as the
problem remains.

I hope it will help.

Best regards,

-- François LE COAT
Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)
http://eureka.atari.org
mailto:lecoat@atari.org