Re: [MiNT] possible silly question.

Hi!

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 09:54:48AM -0400, Jim DeClercq wrote:
> Oh, and speaking of Thing, the freemint-sbin RPM file is 37
> characters long, and a directory list from Thing just ignores
> it. I had expected to see the first 32 characters.

That's impossible - how should Thing be able to access that file
later if it only knows part of the complete filename? Furthermore,
it's not documented whether the Dreaddir() call fills the buffer
with a shortened filename if it won't fit completely. It's only
documented that it'll return -64 to tell you that your buffer's
too small.

Besides, Thing does not silently ignore filenames, it will tell
you when it had to.

I know people are still waiting for a release of the version of
Thing that handles longer filenames, but I still lack both time
and motivation to continue working on it.

And don't bother asking for releasing Thing as open source - I've
made my decision and explained the reasons more than once.

Ciao

Thomas

--
Thomas Binder (Gryf @ IRCNet)  gryf+usenet@hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de