Re: [MiNT] RAR source code

Jim DeClercq <jimd@panix.com> writes:

> The last time I went looking for a RAR program, for Atari, I did
> not fine any source code.
>
> Someone else did. If they would be so kind as to point me in the
> right direction, this may just be a project for me.

Source for rar is not available, and since the rar algorigthm is
proprietary, there aren't any free third party applications which handle
it. Source for unrar is available, but even that isn't really free.

http://www.rarlab.com/rar/unrarsrc-3.2.1.tar.gz

> It would also take a load off a friend with a Macintosh, who
> keeps getting RAR files from me to unpack for me.

If your friend with a Mac happens to have OS X, they can either compile
unrar or get a binary at http://www.rarlab.com/rar/UnRar30MacOSX.tgz

> RAR might be small enough for me to handle. My other interests,
> such as a better tin, are just too big.

A better tin? Have you tried slrn?