Re: [MiNT] About Standas idea

Hi!

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Standa Opichal wrote:

> introducing the the fact that access to the C:\ would behave like the
> access to U:\c\ and consequently redirected to the appropriate symlink
> target. Once again C:\ == U:\c\ in my proposal.

Which would also simplify the .xfs drivers that at the current state
need to react on the dev numbers 0-31 which is not clean enough IMHO.
Even if the Dcntl( FS_MOUNT, "u:\d", fsdescr ) does work with my
patches (in CVS) it is still required. Moreover the Dcntl fills in the
automaticaly generated device number for such mount action. The .xfs
author still needs to check whether it should return the ERANGE from
xfs_root( devnum == 0-31 ) or not which I don't like.

Just my next 2 cents speking for the proposed changes.

regards

STan