Re: [MiNT] Kernel tests

>> If something "doesn't make sense at all", that wording
>> means, that "this is a nonsense".
>
> In this case, it meant "I don't understand the concept/purpose".

Next time please just say that you don't understand.

> You never did explain the real
> purpose of the new approach (until now).

You never explicitly asked about this. You also haven't explained what was
your real problem with it.

> I am not a C programmer, I cannot code C. Am I still allowed on the
> MiNT list? Are opinions allowed from non-coders?

These questions are for the list owner, not for me. IMHO saying "this does
not make sense" about something that you just don't understand, is rather a
peculiar way of expressing opinions.

>> However, your words about 'config' reveal that you >basically don't
>> understand what all this is intended for.
>
> Yes, hence why I said it doesn't make sense to me.

So hope it is explained now.

>> The XFS/XDD modules are loaded, when they are >present. And, as you
>> have
>> seen, they have some filename convention. I'd be very >grateful, if
>> you point
>> out any functional difference between this and >the 'sh.tos' (which
>> is
>> loaded, when it is present, and also has some >filename convention).
>
> The difference as I see it, is that while "sh.tos" is specifically
> called with filename+extension,
> xdd/xfs are recognized based on their
> extension.

This is so, because the sh.tos is one, while XDD/XFS modules may be multiple
(in case you don't know).

And, strictly speaking, the thing is called just "sh". The extension is
added on a non-xbit filesystem (= currently always).

--
CVV
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz, http://draco.atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est, aut seruit humiliter, aut superbe dominatur.
** Taka to juz natura pospólstwa, albo sluzalczo sie plaszczy,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy. (T. Liuius XXIV, 25).