Re: [MiNT] XaAES

Hi!

On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 12:07:32PM +0200, Odd Skancke wrote:
>  I seem to be a bit confused as to how N.AES handles clicks on
>  the rootwindow (desktop). Under N.AES, single left-clicks on
>  empty desktop areas brings Thing ontop. Right-clicks opens up
>  Thing's popup.
>
>  Seeing this, I made xaaes pass all clicks to Thing's event
>  handler. However, left-clicks now did not do anything at all. I
>  thought Thing topped itself. Right-clicks behaved just like
>  under N.AES.

Well, Thing _does_ handle this situation itself. But it uses OS
specific calls to top itself, there's a correspondig call in
N.AES. I can't currently recall neither its name nor whether it is
detectable via appl_getinfo(). If you want, I'll look it up in the
code.

(The main problem for an application to top itself is to activate
the menu bar, as there's no real standard AES call for that.)

Ciao

Thomas

--
Thomas Binder (Gryf @ IRCNet)  gryf+usenet@hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de