Re: [MiNT] [atari-midi] Roland A-880 midipatchbay

On Thu, 1 May 2003, Dr.Ambient wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just got my A-880, it was only 125 euro, secondhand of course...
> I could use some tips on how to connect it, especially the midi sockets on
> the frontpanel.
> Anyone?

There is no real difference between the sockets on the front (# 1 & 2)
and the ones on the back (# 3 to 8).

A first thing you need to know if you want to mix (merge) signals is
setting up a so called "Control IN". I quote from the manual:

"Turn the unit off, then turn it on while holding
the Input Button down which cooresponds to the
MIDI IN which you wish to make Control IN.
The Control In you have set will be retained even
after the unit is turned off."

Now you can merge signals coming in on the Control IN with signals coming
in on one of the other Midi IN sockets:

"1. While holding the Scan/Mix Button down, press
 the Input/Bank Button for the MIDI IN you wish to mix.
 2. Press the Output/Number Buttons for the MIDI
 OUT's where the mixed messages are to be sent"

If you didn't get a manual I can make a scan/photocopy for you and send it
to you. Als je me op mijn prive e-mail adres je postadres geeft dan stuur
ik het gewoon via de postbode, het zijn maar 17 kantjes A4.

 --

Martin Tarenskeen