Re: [MiNT] xaaes.atariforge.net

On Thu, 22 May 2003, Standa Opichal wrote:

> Is it worth it? Frank, you've said that you are about to create a kernel
> module from the XaAES. What is the point in writting another moose.xdd
> that will eventually thrown away?

This new moose.xdd is having a pleasant side effect on my Falcon030/CT2b:
I was always having trouble with the combination CT2b + xaaes + vmoose.xdd
+ spin.xdd. /dev/moose refused to be installed and my system always
crashed when starting xaaes. I have posted about this in the mintlist
in the past.

But with the new xaaes and moose.xdd this problem has disappeared. I can
access my CDrom drive properly again under XaAES :-)

I've always suspected the old vmoose.xdd to be responsible for the trouble
I was having and it looks like I was right.

 --

Martin Tarenskeen