Re: [MiNT] possible silly question.

Thanks

I have been busy, and most of those things are already done.

But, if I should export thing to a system environmental variable,
twice (can't hurt, might help) instead of leaving local, I will
try that.

Have a registered copy of thing, and have already moved files
from their original distribution to more logical places, that
also match the xa__exec.scl file.

And I have already commented out the stuff under "if not true" to
take out things I do not have or do not want. Only boxkite is
left as a run.

I do not think so, but I will try loading only the control panel,
and see if that makes any difference. All the other accessories
load properly.

And, I do know how to use a shell to find that long filename.
This is a shell account running BSDnet. My last account, R.I.P,
was primenet, running BSDi. That is what I have been doing, since
that file is a necessary one, the sbin directory, that is not in
the EasyMiNT distribution, and needs adding.

Freemint is fine. The EasyMiNT installer leaves a few things
un-done, but otherwise I do enjoy using an Atari as a un*x boxen.

But, I could learn almost as fast if I had fewer problems. To me,
working with files is easier in a shell, but moving and finding
is still a bit easier with a desktop. My path typing leaves
something to be desired.

Jim