Re: [MiNT] Telnet?

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003, Jim DeClercq wrote:

> Ok, but just how does toswin support VT100. One can set tw100,
> but that is not an acceptible terminal type to the far end, or
> so it says, when I telnet there, using the shell toswin can
> start.

At the far end, just set the terminal type to VT100, by doing something
like

export TERM=vt100

Hopefully Toswin's tw100 is close enough to work.

If this does not work, then please describe precisely how it fails.

> > Getting another telnet client will not help.
>
> So far, using another telnet client does help.

In that case you must be using some sort of telnet client with an
integrated terminal emulator. The BSD UNIX telnet client is not like that.

> I asked a simple question, if there is any answer. Where is the
> source code for BSD telnet 1.5.4?  Among other things, it is
> configurable in a number of interesting ways, which the SpareMiNT
> version is not.

I don't know the answer to that. You could try looking at NetBSD, OpenBSD,
FreeBSD etc. But the point is that getting this will not help you get
VT100 working.

--
Mario Becroft <mb@gem.win.co.nz>
http://gem.win.co.nz/mb/