Re: [MiNT] Kernel tests

Hello!

> If you refer to the *.tbl files, the situation is different. These are, as I
> see it, parts of the kernel, exactly like the modules. Since the modules
> ain't defined in any config file, but just reside in the sysdir and are
> loaded automatically, I don't see why the tables couldn't, and where is the
> better place to keep them. Automatic load is simpler, the cnf parser is
> shorter, and it is not a big deal for a boot manager to rename, delete or
> copy a single file, even if someone changes keyboards and unicode mappings
> several times a day.

Not everybody use a boot manager. And I meant to specify all loaded stuff
in cnf file (include xdd/xfs/tbl and all other things); optionally for
sure with fallback to automatic load. Why not think about this idea? It
have some advantages I think. The opinions of other users would be nice
here.

Tschuess
   ...Frank

--