Re: [MiNT] Ghostscript HP ijs driver

How about posting that script?

Now, about "photo quality"--that is FM filtering, also known as
edge enhancement. It is also a very slow, processor intensive,
process. It involves finding lines of contrast change, and
further increasing contrast change along those lines. This is not
simple programming, and goes faster with a DSP.

I would suggest that ghostscript is not a good place to put some
pixel-pushing program for this. It takes almost forever on an
Atari. But there are two, at least, ways of processing a picture
for edge enhancement in Calamus, Starscreening, and the FM module
in the Filter pack. These also take almost forever on an Atari,
but they exist.

If you need more than 720 dpi, you need to upgrade the
Starscreening module, if you have one, and to get it into PS form
to print from GS will not only take a lot of disk space, it will
take a semi-expensive upgrade to the Bridge module.

In short, Edge Enhancement should not be in a printer driver, I
think. It is a very lot of programming, and not a simple printer
driver, or for a single printer.

GS printer drivers should not be hard to write, if you have the
instruction list. I have such a thing for Epson Esc/P2 printers,
and it cost me 80 USD to get it. Do you have such an instruction
list for the printer in question?

BTW, the instruction difference between old and older Epson
Ink Jet printers is the single instruction "set small dot".

And, you need one for "set graphics mode" in case there is some
other mode it does, and one for DPI select. In my experience,
those three commands cost nearly 100 USD to get.

If so, probably can do, but it will take 12 hours to compile on a
TT030.

Jim
--
 /"\      Jim DeClercq--jimd@panix.com--Sylvania, Ohio, USA
 \ /      ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!       |