Re: [MiNT] Configuring TosWin?

Hi!

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 04:28:11PM -0400, Jim DeClercq wrote:
> OK, Pine is set to monochrome. No change. The only thing that
> changed was that inverse video where it was not supposed to be
> left after the full set of tw-files were on both end of a telnet
> link.
>
> TosWin is set to tw52, which, on a TT with a TTM195 monitor,
> should pick up tw52-m, but there is no way of telling if it does.

What does

echo $TERM

say on the remote system (i.e. where you normally run pine)? It
should be tw52 or tw52-m, depending on what exactly you set up in
TosWin.

Or even better, try

ls -lL "${TERMINFO:-$HOME/.terminfo}"/?/"$TERM"

This should list one file, if it doesn't, you're either missing a
matching terminfo file, or $TERMINFO isn't set properly.

If it does list a file, you now have to make sure that pine
actually picks it up. For that, do the following:

ls -luL "${TERMINFO:-$HOME/.terminfo}"/?/"$TERM"

Note the timestamp this prints out - it's the time of the last
access to the file. Then wait at least one minute, run & quit
pine, and run

ls -luL "${TERMINFO:-$HOME/.terminfo}"/?/"$TERM"

again. If the timestamp hasn't changed, pine did not pick up the
terminfo file. Most likely, this happened because pine wasn't
compiled using ncurses/terminfo support - though I don't know if
that's possible since it's a long time ago I last built pine.

Ciao

Thomas

--
Thomas Binder (Gryf @ IRCNet)  gryf@hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de