Re: [MiNT] PPP

I do get as far as "serial link established". This all used to
work, and I did, with help from this useful group, get it all set
up properly. It used to be that right after that, PAP ran, and
PPP ran.

Now I know were everything is and what it does. Fully-qualified
domaine name is in resolv.conf, user name and passwords are in
pap-secrets, ppp.chat has the phone number, and peers/gbr have
the settings I need, other than lock, which is in ppp/options.

This has been educational, at least. Everything is as it should
be, and does not work, which is one definition of hell.

I do have wvdial, but the last time I tried it, it would not let
me use the serial port I want to use, serial2 or ttys3.

My syslog.conf file is getting shorter and more comprehensive as
to what it saves in "messages", but I still do not have proof as
to what is happening.

I no longer like doing things with STiNG and Telstar, but with
e-mail piling up like it does, I need to do this anyway, and then
I will boot MiNT and work on that for a while.

Jim