Re: [MiNT] Uploaded S-Lang 1.4.9 Lib and PTH 2.0.0 to AtariForge.....

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Petr Stehlik wrote:

> are you going to build Mozilla Firebird for MiNT? Now that would be
> cool. We'd need a decet browser and Gecko based one would be real good
> bet.
>
> Petr

Thats what I am hoping for, but I need to learn a lot more.  It would
definitely need to run in the Xserver App we already have, because doing a
Gem target would mean a lot of rewriting code.

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/nspr/tech-notes/porting-guide.html

Thats where I have started from.....  A little dated, but most of the
structure is still there.  Just been working on it a little while working
on the Solaris 2.5.1 compile of it.  Progress?  Not really.  Although,
anyone else wanting to try, go for it!

I definitely think it is possible, the Windows Binary is 6.5 megs, and I
think Linux is around 8 megs, although you are going to need 20 megs of
RAM to run it, and most likely a 040 or better machine.  Would like to
build it under m68k Linux or NetBSD to see how it handles, but right now
Linux (Debian) does not work with the CT60, and I have not been brave
enough to try NetBSD to see if it will install.

Keith