Re: [MiNT] Shutdown() discussion

>> Except that there are some morons (myself) who cannot force EmuTOS
>> to boot and because of that still use TOS 4.04 as underlying system.
>
> Does AFROS boots or not? If it does (and you end up in a nice
> desktop), have you tried holding the Ctrl key down during the boot?
> That way you should boot plain EmuTOS.

This is not quite the problem I suffer with EmuTOS. Afros itself boots, but
well, I have put together own system which less or more reflects the state
of affairs on my Falcon. I have two disk images, on the first one I have a
regular boot partition, disk driver on it, boot manager, autofolder, MiNT
and such usual stuff.

When I load TOS 4.04, all this works without problems. When I load EmuTOS,
it even boots, but hangs while opening AES physical workstation (I guess). I
discovered, that the problem is in the NVDI. I load both FVDI (to have
proper gfx driver) and NVDI (to have vector GDOS). This combo, as it seems,
only works on TOS 4.04, not on EmuTOS.

BTW. I'd be very happy if someone could finally fix the problem with FVDI
blocking Cconws() output, because without fixing this I cannot even see
messages MiNT produces during boot (which could probably reveal more EmuTOS
issues), not to speak about opening the boot menu.

--
CVV
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz, http://draco.atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est, aut seruit humiliter, aut superbe dominatur.
** Taka to już natura pospólstwa, albo służalczo się płaszczy,
** albo bezczelnie się panoszy. (T. Liuius XXIV, 25).