Re: [MiNT] Shutdown() discussion

Hi Lonny,

Selon Lonny Pursell <gfabasic@hotmail.com>:
> Thanks for explaining it.  Why can't aranym intercept a pre-existing call?
> In my mind the emulator

:) Because it's not really pre-existing code. Natfeat shutdown was defined
almost at the same time as Rodolphe implemented the shutdown in the logic of
the CT60. At least nobody else than us (Rodolphe, Didier and me) knew how to
shutdown the CT60 when natfeat shutdown was designed.

Because ARAnyM is not a CT60 emulator. So even if someone a CT60 shutdown
emulation in ARAnyM, we would still need some specific code in the kernel to
detect ARAnyM (in addition of the CT60).

Because the natfeat shutdown is not specific to ARAnyM, but to any emulator
implementing natfeats (which is an open interface to use advanced features of
emulators). So, by implementing it, we add support for any emulator using it,
without having to add specific code to detect each emulator, and without having
to implement CT60 shutdown in every emulator.

Given this, I don't see any good reason not to support natfeat in the kernel.

Best regards,

Xavier