Re: [MiNT] MiNT, CT60 and power off

Hi,

Gildor wrote:
Yestrday I try the latest kernel from cvs, with swaped Shutdown() mods 0 and
3. On CT60 it realy power off machine, but at next start fsck check the
disks. So it looks like machine turn off, before disk caches and maybe other
things, are written to the disk.

Yes there should be a "sync" before shutdown. If it is not done, there
will be a disk crash at the next power on of the computer. But as
there is a cache on all the file systems, including TOSFS, it is not
safe to switch off the computer. That's why I don't use freeMiNT 1.16,
and that I recommend not to use it. You should use 1.15.12. Further
Kernels are bullshit ! I got a complete disk crash with this rubbish
kernel !

Regards,

-- Dr. François LE COAT
Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)
http://eureka.atari.org