Re: [MiNT] Gem XServer compile problem

Hello,

I think this was addressed to this ML ;)

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 21:41:05 +0100 (CET), Martin Tarenskeen <m.tarenskeen@zonnet.nl> wrote:

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Arnaud BERCEGEAY wrote:

Hello,

> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> x_gem.c: In function `wind_set_proc':
> x_gem.c:33: warning: passing arg 3 of `mt_wind_set_str' from
> incompatible pointer type
> make: *** [../obj/x_gem.o] Error 1

A cast should solve this.

in src/x_gem.c line 33, replace
	return wind_set_str( WindowHandle, 201, icon);
by:
	return wind_set_str( WindowHandle, 201, (char*)icon);

OK. That did the trick: I have succesfully compiled X.app now, and it
seems to be working fine. Thank You !
Maybe someone with write access can commit these changes to the CVS too.
And while doing that, fix a little typo in wmgr.c:865
"Really quit the server|and all running clients ?"
                                  ^^

No big thing, but that Alert message was beginning to irritate me :-)

By the way: The sparemint RPM version is 0.14-1. Does this mean it wasn't
built with the improvements from the 0.14.2 sources ? (See ChangeLog)