Re: [MiNT] NEWFATFS & CAB

Hi all,

The story so far. My Milan has Mint 1.15.12 and N_AES 1.2

All of my applications sit on E:, when I made this
partition NEWFATFS I noticed that ImageCopy would produce
the Opcode 224 error.

As an experiment I did a quick install of XaAES and found
that Imagecopy would not start from the NEWFATFS partition
but at least it did not crash.

I have 5 Imagecopy binaries:

IC4PLUS.PRG   435,563
IMGC4.PRG       6,094
IMGC4CD.PRG   484,317
IMGC4S.PRG    403,831
IMGCOPY4.PRG  448,663

The first one is my normal choice but I found that IMGC4CD,
IMGC4S and IMGCOPY4 all seemed to function normally with
both XaAES and N_AES from NEWFATFS.

So my conclusion is that there is a bug in the IC4PLUS
version of Imagecopy that produces Opcode 224 error when
run from a NEWFATFS partition under N_AES and it is not
handled properly.

XaAES with NEWFATFS doesn't like this version of Imagecopy
either but handles the error better.

I cannot remember what added features the 4PLUS version has
over the others.

Regards,
Peter

BROADBAND SCANDAL - £20 SIGN-UP - IT'S OUTRAGEOUS!
Includes free domain hosting and unlimited web space  www,freeola.com