Re: [MiNT] Shared libs without MMU resources

Hello!

> Just FYI: I found some URL for those interested...
>
> http://www.cadenux.com/xflat/NoMMUSharedLibs.html
> http://compilers.iecc.com/comparch/article/02-06-017

Do you looked at this?

It's very similiar to a thing we already have: slb. E.g. this concepts
require special support from the library and the programs too.

The only other way (without special support from the libraries and
programs) is to use a base register for all data segment lookups (but
thisa require special compiler support as the code must handle this; in
early gcc versions this was patched in as mbaserel option; this was never
accepted from the official gcc development).

You oversee a common fact in the informatics: you can't get rid of the
complexity, you can only move them. You have it either in the compiler, or
in the library/programs or in the operating system.

Ciao
   ...Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 040 // MILAN 060