Re: [MiNT] Truecolor extension to Xaaes (and Ovdi)

> When I was trying to present the advantages of upgrade to ARAnyM in
> comp.sys.atari.st some guys said that if there was a 'killer'
> application available for ARAnyM only they would perhaps consider
> installing ARAnyM but if ARAnyM does not offer new applications they
> are not interested. This is a serious thought.

I think it is relatively (*relatively*) simple task to produce a "killer"
application. It is enough to port OpenOffice to MiNT, and voila, you have
"resource hungry and dog slow" program. Then we see, what happens. OOWriter
is enough for the beginning.

OO is probably only usable on a machine like Aranym with JIT enabled, runnig
over a fast machine (I saw how does it behave on Pentium 200MHz, well ...).

--
CVV
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz, http://draco.atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** aut seruit humiliter, aut superbe dominatur.
** Taka to już natura pospólstwa, albo służalczo się płaszczy,
** albo bezczelnie się panoszy. (Liwiusz XXIV, 25).