Re: [MiNT] mint & mmu

Hi!

Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

The only way I can think of, which would save the Super() call and made it
safe, is somehow emulate all the code, or some other way catch every
instruction, that is executed between two Super() calls or inside Supexec(),
and heavily check that these instructions do "legal" things, and kill the
program otherwise.

This way old programs which switch to Super() to read just cookie jar ptr,
would still operate, and Super() itself would become both safe for the
system and useless for new programs.

I am sure that demo coders will love this idea :>

This seems to me like to write the m68k simulation code. Hmm, m68k -> m68k JIT compiler with address checks ;)

BTW: Is the parallel port register access 'destructive' in this scenario?... I think this is not a way.... Simply follow the good way. Keep the MP as it is..

regards

STan