Re: [MiNT] Mint 1.16b and MMU protection under Aranym

V St, 28. 07. 2004 v 08:41, Olivier Landemarre píše:
> > Is someone know if Mint 1.16 can run with Aranym MMU emulation enable?
> >
> > I try it, but it crash at load of Mint with a Panic bus error.

I have a modified AFROS here running FreeMiNT 1.16b with MMU enabled.
ext2.xfs, minix.xfs and inet4.xdd loaded. Other modules cause a crash.

Example:

aranym.xif causes   MEMORY VIOLATION: type=super  RW=w  AA=4FC6594
xconout.xdd causes  MEMORY VIOLATION: type=super  RW=w  AA=4F82100
xaloader.prg causes MEMORY VIOLATION: type=super  RW=w  AA=4F61424
etc.

The 4Fxxxx addresses are for 64 MB of FastRAM.

BTW, sysctl from the tools folder works OK so it's not like Pexec was
not working at all or something.

> Just to said it looks an Aranym bug in MMU part so not a problem with Mint.

I know about a problem in the MMU part since I am trying to get
linux-m68k working so MiNT might suffer from the same problem. Or maybe
this is just incorrect MMU setup. I'd have to read the MMU_SETUP
documentation to understand it.

Petr