Re: [MiNT] vlogin

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004, Frank Naumann wrote:

> > Yes, it is way how to do it, but then you can use one AES only. Also there
> > is MyAES other interesting option to XaAES. Should we add login
> > functionality to all existing AESes?
>
> The moose.adi is an XaAES specific interface. Sou you already depend on
> XaAES and this interface (and the interface version).

The dilemma is that you either hack your way into a premature AES
environment (like Xboot does too for example), or indeed add login
functionality to all AESes.

OR.. you'd have to run the AES as root and vlogin as AES shell (instead of
a desktop), which in turn launches the desktop as the logged-in user. But
I have a feeling this is too far away from reality to actually work. :o)

Maurits.