Re: [MiNT] New Sparemint Site

On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 16:54, Standa Opichal wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Ensure that the whole thing would be available as a sparemint.tar.gz
> with proper .spec file to be able to make & install it on any machine
> out there by a single command.
>
> Think about a possibility of open build machine list to allow other
> users' machines add more power to the build system.
>
> best regards
>
> STanda

Hrm, I assume you're talking about the freemint client.  It wouldn't add very much overhead to use this
client as the same tool for the open build system.  This client would run on the open build system(s) once
per day with cron and would connect to the sparemint site and pull down any jobs.  This way people
wouldn't have to have ports open or any of that nasty business and only one server has to be properly
secured.  Once the jobs are completed the results are re-uploaded to the site.  Interesting.

Thanks,
Mark