Re: [MiNT] Shared Libs

Le Sun, 22 Aug 2004 17:16:47 -0400
Mark Duckworth <mduckworth@atari-source.com> a écrit:

> This is something we seriously need.  We recently talked about it, but
> it seemed to die.  You don't want me to work on this because I don't
> know what I'm doing ;-)  Is anyone else working on it?  I'd be willing
> to help in ANY WAY I can.

Well, at the moment, I want to write a document about how loadable
libraries could be done in MiNT (and maybe TOS if possible). The
"shareable" stuff needs MMU, so MiNT is mandatory.

1. Definition of the executable format that needs loadable libraries (i.e.
references to functions outside of the program file being run).

2. Definition of the format of those loadable libraries (maybe same as 1).

3. Definition of the work that has to be done by the "loader" which is run
by the program to load its needed libraries (i.e. a custom crt0.o).

--
Patrice Mandin
WWW: http://membres.lycos.fr/pmandin/