Re: [MiNT] Porthos 3.x finally runs with XaAES !

Hi Martin,

>I hadn't tried Porthos for some time, but I have just tried it again on
>my Falcon with the latest MiNT and XaAES from CVS. It doesn't crash
>anymore !! I'm a registered user of Porthos 3.29, and until now I had to
>switch to N_AES or use Porthos 2.x (which did not crash) because of a
>bug in XaAES. Not anymore: Porthos 3.29 runs fine with MiNT/XaAES now !

Are you sure it was a bug in XaAES really?

Porthos (at least the older version 3.24) is listed in the CVS file README-misbehavers.txt (see snip below), and
if this was the problem why Porthos would not run under XaAES, it is instead Porthos that has a bug :)
XaAES has afaik just been instructed to allow this violation of programming rules.

-- snip --

> Porthos 3.24 / 11.06.2003 - "Not registered version"
>
> This version of Porthos calls the following AES functions upon startup;
>
> graf_mouse()
> appl_init()
> appl_exit()
>
> This is wrong! It calls graf_mouse() before appl_init(), which is a no-no.

-- end snip --

Direct URL to the file:

http://sparemint.atariforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb/~checkout~freemint/xaaes/src.km/README-misbehavers.txt?rev=1.5&content-type=text/plain

Regards,