Re: [MiNT] ftruncate

Hello!

       r = Fcntl (fd, &length, FTRUNCATE);
       if (r < 0) {
               __set_errno (-r);
               return -1;
       }
       return 0;

It would be good to have some replacement for the case when the filesystem doesn't support this in mintlib.

This is IMHO mandatory for all filesystem drivers.

In your humble opinion?

What do you want from me? I don't wanted to criticize you. This is my own experience on developing xfs drivers. Without FTRUNCATE you miss some unix compatibility that is required by some tools. For such interfaces that grow over time you always have the problem that not all things are 100% exactly documented. Especially for interfaces that are used by only 2-3 people.

Hmm. I didn't succeed to find any statements about which Fscntl and Dcntl opcodes are optional and which is required. Do we have any documentation on this?

Not really. It's a documentation that is not really useful for almost all people that use FreeMiNT. I can write one specially for you if you like (this docu will then state that FTRUNCATE is mandatory). You can also ask me (that is much better as it don't cost so much time as writing docu).

Regards,
Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 060 // MILAN 060