[MiNT] 1.16.0 still (x3) no go

Hello, all

I have gotten some suggestions off line, for which I am grateful, but still so far no go.

It is not the monitor I use, and 1.15.12 works just fine. I enclose a task list of sorts, and the underlying commonality is that 1.16.0 does not load, and I cannot enter the load menu to change anything by holding down the shift button. So I cannot turn memory protection off.

As to a bad serial chip, I am using Serial2 for a modem port, and that works OK, 115200 to a Supra Express 56sp modem. It is still an SCC chip. Have a ESCC and socket, and will someday do that.

1. With HDDriver 8.03, and a TTM195 monitor, Mint000.prg, with all accs and auto folder stuff and Mint folder stuff active, same crash point.

2. Mint030.prg, as above, same crash point, tried to and failed to enter the setup menu.

3. Mint030.prg, all accs, auto and mint folder off, could not enter menu, same crash point.

4. Thought my PCT 1426 was dead. No, dim in here, power switch is in the front, and cannot turn on power with the scan select switch.

5. IBM PS2 Momo VGA, Mint030.prg, everything, as above, turned off, same crash point, could not enter menu. Comes up in ST Low, if that makes a difference, and I did not change resolution and save the desktop. If that should make a difference, tell me and I will try again.

6. 1.15.12, from EasyMint, loaded and ran in ST Low.

7. MAG DJ 530 vga monitor, very nice display, was used for a DynaCAD setup, everything else turned off, 1.16.0 030, no enter menu, same crash point.

8. PCT 1426, everything off, cannot enter menu, same crash point.

All this done while stumbling over parts of a Philips CDD 522 CD writer, which seems to have lost its power supply.

1.15.12, with all of my bells and whistles loaded, loads and runs very satisfactorily, except for that tcp_sendsegment bug, and is how I am doing this.

Searched, and I do have a copy of Thomas Tempelmon's monitor program, on a ZIP disk with a Megamax compiler. Will load that next, and see where that buss error call is calling.

One quick question. I mentioned a kernel file length. Is that what is running on other TTs?

Jim

--
 /"\      Jim DeClercq--jimd@panix.com--Sylvania, Ohio, USA
 \ /      ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!       |