Re: [MiNT] MiNT system directory

On Monday 13 of September 2004 23:57, Jan Krupka wrote:

> > > I read in readme for MiNT 1.16.0 beta that it is possible to make
> > > directory /c/mint/version and all modules put inside that folder.
> >
> > What was the exact pathname you tried out? Don't used the 1.16.0 archive
> > setup?
>
> we tried /c/mint/1-16-0 , /c/mint/1-16-0 and /c/mint
>
> Only the last one worked. Kernel did not find even its cnf and in all cases
> it created mint.ini in /c/mint

I can confirm. But '1-16-cur' explains that.

The system directory is a really good idea. But two remarks:

- Do you plan somethink like EXTRAVERSION in Linux for those who test kernel
intensively? This would solve the cur "problem". One could then build
1.16.1BM with 1-16-1BM system dir etc.

- Could 1.16.x search modules, mint.cnf etc. also in the directory it was
launched from? As I understand the 1.16 readme, this behaviour was removed.
But it would be useful for applications based on MiNT but started from TOS
(GEM) after boot (e.g. MiNT installers).

Regards,

Bohdan Milar