Re: [MiNT] mintlib tzinit.c

Hi,

Are there so many compiler differences between gcc 3.3 and 2.95 or is mintlib not compilable at the moment?

Yes, as already stated MiNLib is not compatible with gcc 3.x yet. There are some inofficial patches for gcc 3.x from Patrice Mandin (look at his website).

And why is this inofficial? Do these patches break the compatibility with gcc 2.95? (My private patch is compatible with gcc 2.95 and 3.3 as I introduced a macro in mint/osbind.h:
#if __GNUC__ >= 3 || __GNUC_MINOR__ >= 3
#define CLOBBER_RETURN(a)
#else
#define CLOBBER_RETURN(a) a ,
#endif

which removes the "clobbered" return register from the clobber list.
I don't know if the version check is appropriate (i.e. do gcc < 3.3 also have this difference?) but it works for me. IMO this version should still compile fine with gcc 2.95.

Philipp