Re: [MiNT] mouse wheel support in xaaes

On Wednesday 13 October 2004 22:16, Arnaud BERCEGEAY wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > I actually used the wheel on my Milan/latest TOS4.8/XaAES 0.963.
>
> I've done a small utility "mouse wheel tester". It displays informations
> when the MU_WHEEL event is received (MU_WHEEL should be received because
> the window doesn't have slider).
>
> http://arnaud.bercegeay.free.fr/gemlib/tstwhlm.zip (117.186 bytes)
>
> Can someone with XaAES 0.963 (Henk?) test my program ? I haven't the right
> system to test it.

It works :-)

However, not before I had to do tiny repairs to the functions
XA_wheel_event() and wheel_arrow() in XA_EVENT.C of XaAES 963.

The repairs concern the detection and handling of wheel events
on windows without corresponding arrows (your program).

Apparently I was happy with the default behaviour on windows with
arrows for existing (non MU_WHEEL) programs.
This behaviour really works.

I think at that time I already considered quitting XaAES and just
didnt test the rest properly.

I also found that the priorities are different from what I remembered.
Which means that activating arrows prevails over 'waiting_for(MU_WHEEL)'.
But that shouldnt be difficult to change.

I dont have a computer on which I can run GCC, so it is useless for me
to get write access to the CVS.

I can send the changed functions as they are now in 963+1 to
anybody who is interested.
Only 4 lines have changed, which I have marked.

--
Groeten; Regards.
Henk Robbers.    mailto:h.robbers@chello.nl