Re: [MiNT] System call bindings

Hello!

Yes, and this is what MiNT do since ever, for Pdomain(1) it don't convert filenames to the 8+3 upper case TOS convention on Fsfirst/Fsnext.

But that's all, I don't see any reference to return longer filenames than there is space in the DTA struct nor that the DTA struct is redefined. So for Fsfirst/Fsnext you get the original filenames like they are on the disc if you are Pdomain(1) AND(!) the filename is smaller than 14 characters (as there is no more space in the DTA struct).

We return to the first problem, by default DTA is assign by the system (and not by software) when Pexec is done, no? The DTA address is push in BASEPAGE. Then if software wan't to change of DTA, it use DTA definition from osbind.h, if it's not agree with system of course it will crashed.

There is no problem. You make a problem. The DTA structure is well defined and the definition was never changed. ATARI, TOS, FreeMiNT, MagiC perfectly aggree on the DTA structure and never redefined it in any way.

YOU want to redefine the DTA structure for reasons I can't follow. This would only introduce problems, compatibility problems with TOS and MagiC, compatibility problems with existing software. I don't think this make FreeMiNT better in any way (just more complicated and more incompatible) and I'm sure that all other developers aggree with me.

Regards,
Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 060 // MILAN 060