Re: [MiNT] OT: Another virus warning

Hi,

Peter Slegg wrote:
Could e-mail addresses be harvested from the mailing list webpage ?

Of course. Try:

http://www.google.com/search?q="peterslegg@scubadivers.co.uk";

Spammers do the same. :-(

Is there any way of deleting them from those pages ?

Yes.  See for example:

http://ml.imperia.org/imperia-users/2001/07/13/84fc01307c1423220ef7e822714886ed/

Have a look at the source code of the page. Without JavaScript you only see "guido AT imperia DOT net", and even this is made up of numerical HTML entities, decimal and hexadecimal flavor mixed in a random manner.

With JavaScript enabled, the real e-mail address is written into the document with a function unscramble_email(), and the input to that function does not look like an e-mail address at all.

I doubt that any tool that collects mail addresses from the web is currently able to find something in these pages. Simple but efficient; and I can provide the source code (Perl server side, JS client side) if somebody is interested.

Ciao

Guido