Re: [MiNT] wind_xget()

tir, 14,.12.2004 kl. 23.18 +0100, skrev Arnaud BERCEGEAY:
> Hello,
>
> >  Good, I just checked in the changes, WF_FIRSTAREAXYWH should not be
> > implemented in XaAES.
>
> Gemlib is updated too... as well as my little test proggy
> http://arnaud.bercegeay.free.fr/gemlib/tstxget2.tgz

 Excellent. I will test it as soon as possible to make sure it works ;-)

> >> The missing piece is a way to detect the availability of this function.
> >> propose appl_getinfo(AES_WINDOW(=11)). bit 9-15 of out1 seems to be
> >> unused
> >> at the moment, so bit 9 may be used to indicate that WF_FIRSTAREAXYWH is
> >> implemented.
> >
> >  Okie, sounds find by me. Should we do so?

 Alrite.. lets vote, bit 9 is OK to indicate WF_FIRSTAREAXYWH
availability?

> >  Ok, as a way to detect which aes we can use intout[1/2] to contain a 4-
> > letter ID, like 'MyAES' or 'XaAES' in addition to the above definition.
>
> 'MyAES' : 5 letters
> 'XaAES' : 5 letters too ;)

 Heheh, yeah :)

> that don't fit in a long (32 bits) integer.
>
> If we need an AES_ID, we could add this to appl_getinfo_str():

 This was my original intent with the "short name" string. But then I
got problems counting all the way up to 4, and proposed the above :)

> char aes_name[64], aes_version[64], aes_id[8];
> appl_getinfo_str( APGI_VERSION, aes_name, aes_version, aes_id, NULL);
>
> BTW, i'm not sure we need to detect if the AES running is xaaes or myaes.
> If the application want to use a modern feature, then the application just
> have to check if the feature is available by calling the corresponding
> appl_getinfo() mode.
>
> the name of the AES is only usefull if the application want to display
> it... and for that purpose a simple string is the best choice.

 yes, agreed.

> >> So the AES shall check the number of entries for addrin and intout in
> >> aes_control[] to check which appl_getinfo is called. We even can go
> >> further and use the same mode (APGI_VERSION) for both:
> >>
> >> short min_version, maj_version, arch, status;
> >> char aes_name[64], aes_version[64];
> >>
> >> appl_getinfo(APGI_VERSION, &min_version, &maj_version, &arch, &status)
> >> appl_getinfo_str( APGI_VERSION, aes_name, aes_version, NULL, NULL);
> >
> >  Yes, that sounds excellent to me :-)
> >

> >> where
> >> aes_name will be filled in with "OurAES"
> >> aes_version will be filled in with "1.02b (25 dec 2004)"
> >>
> >> opinions ?
> >
> >  I like it. With the addition of AES ID (which is a fixed-lenght AES ID)
> > in intout[1/2] for
> > appl_getinfo(APGI_VERSION, aes_name, aes_version, NULL, NULL);
> > I really like this idea :)
>
> What about aes_id (length fixed to 8 chars) in the 4th parameter of
> appl_getinfo_str() ?

 Yep, thats good. It was what I was having in mind with the short_name
string (altho I didnt mention it being fixed-lenght).

Best regards,
 Odd Skancke