Re: [MiNT] Multimedia Keys & Notification

On Sun, 2005-04-03 at 03:18 +0200, Petr Stehlik wrote:
Evan K. Langlois píše v So 02. 04. 2005 v 17:53 -0600:

> There has been a lot of talk about multimedia keys recently

no. I think that Adam just wanted to allow running SDL applications in
AES environment. Which was a very good idea since currently such
applications have to implement their own keyboard driver and so disable
the system one which is both unclean and dangerous in multitasking OS.

I have no problem with that - I think its a great idea.  My issue is using multimedia keys as a justification to simultaneously expand keyboard scan-codes to 16 bits, as I feel that would just be problematic without real benefit.  I also think there may be better ways of handling such keys than to report multi-byte scan-codes (translated & standardized or not) directly to applications.

-- Evan