Re: [MiNT] Multimedia Keys & Notification

On Sun, 2005-04-03 at 19:30 +0200, Patrice Mandin wrote:

> In SDL, if you use GEM for video, keyboard and mouse input is also done
> via GEM. Only joystick is handled via XBIOS vector redirection (maybe a
> problem in multitasking OS).

I wonder if there is a better way to get joystick information.  Is there
a jostick device in /dev?

> If anyone add key press/release events to evnt_multi(), the presence of
> this feature should be questionnable via appl_getinfo(), because if I

Agreed.

> want to use it, it will soft-conflict with the current routine I wrote
> for SDL, so I want to use one of the both methods, but not both at the
> same time.

I don't know if it will conflict.  Older methods should still work as
you would only get the new events when you request MU_DYNAMIC_KEYBD
events (name suggested by Henk Robbers, and apparently already reserved
for this purpose).

> A standard application could very well handle both types of events at
> once.

Indeed.  X does it all the time.