Re: [MiNT] MMU usage in MiNT, fork/mmap

Selon "Evan K. Langlois" <Evan@CoolRunningConcepts.com>:
> > I wrote a full virtual memory engine for TOS some years ago. ASM
> > sources are
> > available on Patrice Mandin's site (
> > http://membres.lycos.fr/pmandin/download/src/sysinc.zip ). I was
> > young. I
> > didn't know mmap() at this time. I would write many things differently
> > today.
> Hmm .. was this about 10 years ago maybe?  I think I remember it, or

9. I just downloaded and took a look at the code. Documentation is dated march
1996. I feel suddenly very old.

> something similar.  Probably lots of ideas we can pull from looking at
> the Linux and FreeBSD ports to the 68K as well.

Of course. But I understand this one better. I guess I'm the only one. It's ASM.
Comments and documentation are in french. :(

Nevertheless, I'm quite proud of this. This is my first real project. A whole
mmap()-like implementation in one 12k ASM source file. Funny to see how close
my code is to mmap() while I discovered mmap() years later.

> Thats about what I figured.  Some minor differences in the setup and
> other details, but the bulk would be compatible.  I suppose we should
> also be thinking about Coldfire as well, as the 4e core has an MMU.
> Believe it's almost identical to the 060's, but I'd have to check.

Last time I looked at this (while working on the CT60 design), v4e documentation
was still not available, and Motorola staff refused to give any information on
the MMU.

Xavier